Hey, y'know what's awkward?
When the person you're IMing says either "LOL" when there's nothing worthy of LOLing, or "Ok." when the response needed was to be more elaborate.
Example:
Me: Hey, what's up?
Them: Oh, nothing, you?
Me: Nothing. Just sitting here
Them: LOL
I mean, what am I supposed to say to that? Very awkward. And as for the other one....
Me: Hey, I'm going to the mall around three today with Sarah, Jane, and Bob, do you want to come?
Them: Ok.
Really? I mean, Hel-lo! What does that mean?
There's also the other abuse of LOL.
Even I do this.
Y'know those people that, despite their failures, try to convey emotions via text? So they end up putting smileys to help get their mood across...
Then there are the people (like me) that use LOL a little to much....
Example:
Me: I am so happy today LOL
Them: Why?
Me: IDK LOL
Them: Is anything special going on?
Me: LOL, like I have something better to do LOL
Them: So, anyway, what's up?
Me: Nothing, LOL, you?
Well, you get my point. Very annoying, yet extremely effective :D
Well, it's 1:30 AM....
I'm not tired....
I think I'll read....
Be safe and eat your green veggies or you'll have pointy ears!!!
[That was a movie reference....]
JnF
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment